I just returned from 2016’s Wine Bloggers Conference in Lodi, California, and as you might expect, people had all sorts of insightful things to say about wine, food and life in general. I gathered up my favorite gems, so that you, too, might learn from our collective wisdom.
The most important 13 quotes of the conference, in no particular order:
1. “This is your wine now. You know, you can come and stroke it or whatever you have to do.”
2. “They love the winemaker. I’m crap, but they love the winemaker.”
3. “Gewürztraminer is the Pamela Anderson of grapes.”
4. “Riesling is not Kleenex.”
5. “Can you waterboard someone if they’re OK with it?”
6. “It tastes good for Chardonnay.”
7. “I’m going to extend my arm.”
8. “This would go great with some goat ragù.”
9. “After six minutes, [this aerator] took all the gravel and dirt and ugliness out of a Bordeaux.”
10. “Do you have your syringe?”
11. “Gary [Indiana] has that drive-by feng shui.”
12. “Lisa is our tasting room entertainer. …Man, she is really good.”
13. “I think it’s fundamental to remember that we all love alcohol.”
If you were there in Lodi and have a quote or two of your own to share, feel free to do so in the comments section!